11/06/2009

Review of Worldview 16-pc. Dinnerware Set - Red

I have two sets of these dishes and have used them every single day for the last two and a half years, with no chipping or breaking whatsoever.They perform beautifully in the dishwasher and microwave.I've used them for dinner parties at my own and others' houses, brought them in the car, packed them in bags and boxes, and stacked them on top of each other in the cabinet.They've proven to be quite durable.I'm not saying you should throw them around like plastic plates, but if you handle them carefully -- as you would any dinnerware -- they will serve you for years to come.

The only downside is that the dishes are pretty heavy: they're made of stoneware (like a coffee mug) and are fairly thick.I got used to their weight after about a week, and now I don't even notice it.Some people may find them too heavy, especially if they're used to Corelle or similar thin/light dinnerware.However, stoneware has its perqs: it's less temperature-reactive than Corelle types.So, when microwaving, the food still heats evenly, but the dishes themselves don't reach scalding temperatures quite so quickly; they'll also stay warm longer.It's like the difference between a stainless steel skillet and a cast iron one.

The stock picture above is an accurate representation of the color, which is a brick-ish garnet.What the picture doesn't show is that the red interior is shiny and the black exterior is matte.

I'm giving these dishes four stars because of their weight and the fact that I'm (yawn) just not terribly attached to them -- but that has more to do with my color preferences than the dishes' performance, which has been absolutely superb.If you love how these dishes look, I highly recommend purchasing them for their functionality and durability.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Worldview 16-pc. Dinnerware Set - Red

No comments:

Post a Comment