11/07/2009

Review of Corelle Livingware Classic Touch 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4

This beautiful pattern harks back to the antique china pattern called Old Britain Castles in pink. But the Corelle ware is going to hold up to rough handling, repeated dishwashing, accidental clanking, and still look beautiful a decade from now. Corelle is so affordable that you can own many different patterns and not break the budget. You can set an eclectic table by mixing the patterns in the same color groups. This is a suberb wedding gift or housewarming gift.

Many of the Corelle patterns are in blues and yellows or greens, and this pattern in the red/burgundy hue is a welcome addition. I love the patterned mug, with the gracefully swept handle. The mug has a good heft and holds a good amount of fluid, unlike some of the older, tinier Corelle pattern coffee cups.
The small plate has a charming flower in the middle, and I wish they'd done the same for the dining plate.

When putting this set on my shelf with my other pattern- Mediterraneo- I noticed the bowls seemed larger. Concerned this would throw off portion control (ha ha), I measured liquid in to each bowl, and found that it was simply an optical illusion. The Classic Touch bowl has lower sides and is wider, but is the same volume of food space.

Unfortunately no one is carrying the 20 piece set of this group. I would have liked the luncheon plate. I am going to keep my eyes peeled for the return of the larger set, and simply add another 20 piece set to my 16 piece set.

If you enjoy the Classic Touch floral, be sure to check out Traditional Lifestyles Corelle in Vintage Blue. It is also a gorgeous antique looking pattern and the dining plate does feature a rose cluster in the middle, and the luncheon plate is very vibrant with an all-over pattern.



Click Here to see more reviews about: Corelle Livingware Classic Touch 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Service for 4

No comments:

Post a Comment